Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy 25th Birthday, Ryan!!!


So, on Friday we threw Ryan a Surprise Birthday Party! It was a lot of fun. Friends from school and family came over and had pizza and played Jeopardy. The theme was based on "The Office" and Jeopardy, so I had Ricky make a banner that said, "It's Your Birthday." like Dwight does on The Office. 
Mark, Michelle, and Steve
The topics for Jeopardy were ones I thought Ryan would be good at, including Ryan Trivia. I think we all have fun getting to know each other while playing. It was pretty good competition.

Levi, Brettany, and Reagan
The final Jeopardy question was a question instead of an answer. I asked each team to write down their closest guess as to what Ryan weighed when he was born and Ryan, Mark, and Kris couldn't help. Both teams were very very close, so they both won their final Jeopardy bets.

Kris holding Jared
Ryan did very well and his team ended up winning. They were each awarded silver metals made out of paper clip chains and Yo-play yogurt lids (like in the office), made by Ricky. Ryan's necklace was specially made out of Jared's link toys.

Ricky, Brettany, Levi, Ryan, Kris, and Jared

The second place team were also awarded metals, but theirs were pink. They were all very sad about losing. :( But, they also did very well.

Reagan, Adam, Jessie, Wyatt, Mark, Michelle, and Steve
I would just like to mention that despite what some thought we did not invite an Elder and Sister missionary over for the party to hook them up (cough, cough.. Mom ;D).


Ryan had a orange chocolate cake with 25 blue candles. He's getting so old! Jk;) I got a lot of hot air in my face carrying his cake from the kitchen to his seat in the living room. It took one long blow to get all the candles out.
 

We had a good time visiting and catching-up, while eating our cake. 

Girl talk! (Roni, Jessie, and Wyatt)
We made sure everyone signed Ryan's birthday banner. He even signed it himself with the huge pen he and a group of his schoolmates made. He also let a couple of the other party guests try it out while signing his banner.




Jared got a lot of attention and play time during the evening. Everyone got to take turns holding him on their laps as he bounce up and down, up and down, almost nonstop. He's an enthusiastic little guy! He also enjoyed playing with the balloons. =)
We also had a gallery with pictures of Ryan from throughout the years. (Thanks for the help Roni!)


That's our Birthday Boy, my best friend, the love of my life. He gives me something to smile about every moment of the day. I've learned so much from spending these last two and a half years with him. He's been such a great husband and father. I couldn't ask for a more loving, caring, and understanding companion; not to mention playful, creative, hard working, imaginative, ambitious, funny, and so much more. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with this amazing man.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sorry we missed your birthday Ryan :( Looks like you had a great party.! Happy belated Birthday from all of us here in Indy!

Jessie said...

Happy birthday!

Luisa, you did such a great job!