Monday, September 10, 2012

Country Apple Tart


Now that we’re all settled in I’m going to start making pies again every Sunday. Yesterday, I made a Country Apple Tart. Jared and I got up and spent the morning in our pajamas in the kitchen having some fun.

My little assistant.

I got a few new supplies from my Aunt Maureen who shares my enjoyment of spending time in the kitchen. I got a small food processor and a pastry canvas with a rolling pin cover. The food processor works like a dream for making pastry dough. This was the most delicate and turned out to be the most flaky dough I'd ever made and it was very fast too. With the pastry canvas you just rub flour into it and the dough doesn't stick one bit.


I've been trying to explain to Ryan that there are different kinds of tarts in all shapes in sizes. This one is the kind that doesn't use a tart pan, you just wrap the filling in the crust around the edges and bake it on a cookie sheet or in a pan.


The crust turned out so delicate it was kind of tricky to wrap it around the filling without it falling apart. But, it worked out okay. Then, we put it in the fridge so it could go in the oven after we got home from church.


I didn't get a picture of it after it was baked, but it turned out really good. We ate it with a scoop of frozen whipped cream. It was delicious! We also had some Broccoli Tarts with our dinner. They were pretty good too; Ryan really liked them. ;)


2 comments:

Jessie said...

Yum! You are quite the cook cousin! You could teach me a thing or too for sure.

Kris said...

That looks very delicious and I know the broccoli tarts were delicious cause Ryan sat and ate them in front of us. How did you make the filing?