Tuesday, July 29, 2014

St. Patrick's Day

March 17, 2014

Whenever St. Patrick's Day comes around, I'm remind of those days back in elementary school when we'd go on treasure hunts and keep our eye out for four-leafed clovers, rainbows, and sneaky leprechauns.
Since Ryan and I are raising our own little treasure hunters (/leprechauns;)), we've started the tradition of doing a little treasure hunt each year. I draw clues and hide them around the house for Jared to find them with Daddy as his side-kick.
I was really surprised this year at how well he recognized exactly what was on the clue and where to find it. For example, I drew a sketchy drawing of a halo game and put a 4 on it. I hoped that would lead Jared to were a couple of the halo games usually are, by the xbox; but instead, Jared knew right where the halo 4 game was and went and found it off the shelf. I think I underestimated him; I'm going to have to make it trickier next year.
At the end of this treasure hunt there was a bowl of m&m's, which Jared and Daddy love, and a bottle of green mint chocolate chips for Mom to make the cookies she meant to be there instead.
Daddy and Jared were a great team and had a lot of fun. Three-month-old Karl took a nap for this one, but I think'll he'll have fun getting to do his first hunt next year with the A-team!!

No comments: