November 22-26, 2016
This was one of the most interesting Thanksgiving holiday's I think we've ever had as a family. There was Harry Potter food one night, then Star Wars another, then of course a wonderful Thanksgiving feast. We also had an air-hockey tournament, a 5k, and some other little board-games and games going on.
There was also plenty of down time for watching movies, playing x box games, cuddling, and teasing.
| Mandrake Root like in Harry Potter. |
Almost all of us were there, on Thanksgiving morning, to run the 5k. Ryan stayed back at the house to be baby-sitter for the little ones. In all my practicing over the summer, I hadn't been able to run a 5k under 30 minutes. On Thanksgiving day I was very proud of myself to be able to come in at 28 minutes.
| Jared and Ryan waiting patiently for food. |
The Thanksgiving day spread was delicious! There was such an amazing variety of homemade food! We all ate together at a long double-table in their basement room that looked like a lodge.
| Jared and Karl having an air-hockey game. |
I think we all had a fun time with the air hockey tournament. Everyone participated, expect for the youngest two. Some of us were more competitive and others of us just did it for fun. Ryan and I ended up playing the final game, where I beat Ryan in the very last second at 4 to 3.
Yay!! Pies!! I was especially excited about the pies this year. I was hoping to make two, and one of them was going to be an apple-cranberry crumb pie (one of my favorite for this time of year). But when I found out that that's what Becky was planning on making, that allowed me to pick another pie. So, I made Sticky-Toffee Pumpkin Pecan Pie and Banana Cream Pie (Ryan's favorite). They were all delicious!!
| TIE fighters from Star Wars. |
Becky spent a lot of time in the kitchen, while we were there, doing what she enjoys, being creative with food. We're so grateful for all the work she did to make the visit special for us!
| Emmaline enjoying a red light-saber (chocolate covered pretzel). |
| Karl falling asleep watching cartoons with Olivia. |
| Alfie in one of his comfie spots. |
We're so grateful for all our family, those we got to spend time with and those who were far away. We're so grateful to have gotten to go down to Evansville and create such fun memories with our loved ones. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment