Saturday, June 24, 2017

Karl's 3rd Birthday!!

Monday, December 5, 2016

Oct 2016
For Karl’s birthday, we decided he would like an Octonaut themed birthday, since he loves to watch that show every single day. :D The day before his birthday, we worked on his birthday banner. I wanted his banner to have a face and eight streamers coming off of it so it looked like an octopus. I drew the eyes to be part of his name. Around the edges, Grandma Mary, Jared, and Karl drew some pictures. Grandma Mary drew Peso for Karl, one of his favorite Octonaut characters. I gave Emmaline a pencil and let her have a chance to draw too. She really gets into drawing sometimes.

The morning of Karl’s birthday, I got up and hung up his banner with the octopus legs stretching out around it. I then got dressed and made breakfast. I made blueberry pancakes with pieces of banana around each one to make it look like a sea turtle.
Oct 2016
When everyone came in for breakfast, we all wished sweet little Karl a “Happy 3rd Birthday!!” He liked his banner being up and liked that it was an octopus. 

Karl spent most the day playing with Grandma Mary and Daddy, while I was busy with the dinner preparations.  We were planning on having Sok Deap and her two boys, Nicholas Chum and Jensen. Jensen is a little younger than Karl, so that’s why we invited him and his family.

 For dinner, I made two tuna pot pies. I died the crust dough blue and I made one pie look like a shark and one look like a whale, or tried to anyway. For sides, I made sea turtles out of kiwis and grapes, crabs out of apples, and starfish out of watermelon. We also had blue Hawaiian punch to drink with our dinner. For the cake I made a pumpkin spice cake and frosted it to look like a kelp cake like on Octonauts. 
At about dinner, when the Chum's arrived, I noticed there was no Jensen. I guess, Sok thought it would be better if he stayed home and watched cartoons so he wouldn’t run around and cause trouble at our house. Haha! While that was kind of the point of having them, it was a thing easily forgiven, because we still had a good time getting to know Sok and Nicholas. After having taken many missionary lessons this year, Sok was just getting ready to be baptized. Nicholas is one of my favorite kids in the primary class I teach.
We had a good dinner; everyone said or seemed to enjoy their pie. After we ate, we went to craft table to play a game of Shark Mania. The boys already love this game. Nicholas seemed to really like it too. Daddy was in charge of pulling the shark fin out and deciding when it started to come back to catch the pirates. We had a lot of fun. Karl was the slowest player, so I sat next to him to remind him of his turn. At first he liked to roll his dice by throwing it to roll all the way across the table; it usually ended up on the floor. I then taught him how to just drop his dice, so it landed in one spot and stayed on the table.
 
After we played a few games, we had cake and ice cream. Karl was so cute and excited, smiling so big when we were singing “Happy Birthday” and he was anticipating getting to blow out his candles. He did a really good job blowing them out. He did a teeny blow that didn’t really do anything, then he did one huge blow and they were out. Afterwards he said, “Yeah, I just blow hard! Yeah, I’m a strong boy; I have big muscles like Daddy!”

 



It was so cute! I’m so proud of our little three-year-old! He’s still my sweet baby boy. I love it when he curls up in my lap and wants to be tickled, or when I get to chase him around the house playing pretend games. He has the brightest, cutest smile! I just adore him so much.



 
We played a few more games of Shark Mania with Sok and Nicholas before before they left and then said good-bye and good-night. They were both so polite and kind, and gave Karl hugs before they left.We then went to the basement, where Karl opened the rest of his family presents. I think his favorite thing was getting Halo guys of his very own! I think he had a really fun day and knows he is very loved!! :-)

No comments: