Monday, October 29, 2012

October Pies

Banana Cream Pie
 This month we made a few pies. The first was a Banana Cream Pie. That's probably the one I make most often because it seems to be Ryan's favorite. We have a few different recipes and we've liked them all so far. The second was a Fresh Berry Pavlova. This is the first time I've made something like this. It was made with a meringue tart shell. This is a "light-as-air" pie named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. It's filled with lemon flavored whipped cream and topped with raspberries. Ryan loved it. It was very good and very light and fluffy.
Fresh Berry Pavlova
The third pie was a chicken pot pie we made for dinner one night. I made the pie, but Ryan decorated it with pastry leafs. He did a pretty nice job too. :) It was delicious!
Chicken Pot Pie


3 comments:

Kris said...

They all look delcious. I was all ready to say Banana was my favorite but now I am confused - they all look great! Be sure you bring some pie recipes for the Thanksgiving trip. :-)

Luisa said...

Okay! I definitely will! :)

Becky said...

Wow that chicken pot pie looks really fancy! Looks amazing. They all look really yummy