With it being Easter and Ryan's birthday today, we had a pretty fun day! We started off the day with Jared running in and waking daddy and playing with him 'til he got out of bed. I made some of Ryan's favorite things for while he opened his card and present from us. We gave him a CTR ring, since he hasn't had one since we got married because he gave his to me. After breakfast he had a couple other cards and presents to open from family.
(Thanks family and friends for Ryan's gifts and happy birthday wishes!)
Later in the evening we had his birthday dinner. When I was helping him think of what he wanted for his birthday dinner, a few days ago, I had suggested hamburgers and french fries as one suggestion and pulled-pork sandwiches as another. My meat-lover husband chose to have both together, making a very meaty sandwich. So, that's what we did and I think he really enjoyed it. Just to add a little Easter to our meal, I also made colored deviled eggs. I saw someone post something like this on facebook, so I thought it'd be fun to do.
I made extra food because we were planning on having a friend and her kids over, but she wasn't feeling well today, so we brought her some dinner, cupcakes, and Easter baskets for her and her girls, instead. We then did Jared's Easter egg hunt. This was his first time and it was fun to see what he made of it. Ryan and I took turns helping him and showing him where the eggs were so he'd go get them. Once he realized there was candy inside he wanted to open nearly every one, just to make sure, before putting it in his basket.
Today was a very special day for different reasons and we hope everyone else had a great Easter Day! We're were very grateful to celebrate Ryan's life today and how much he means to us, but, also, to especially appreciate the life of the Savior and all the hope that brings into our lives, on this Easter Day!
We wish everyone the best; Happy Easter!!!
1 comment:
I didn't realize it was Ryan's birthday too! Happy Birthday Ryan :) Looks like it was a great day. That Jared, is just adorable!
Post a Comment