Monday, March 3, 2014

Michigan Visit: Part I

May 29 - June 3, 2013

Last June, we got to visit Ryan's sister, Alisha, and her family, the Wells, in Michigan for about a week and a half. We had a great time with Chris and Alisha and our three nieces, Katie, Elena, and Eliza and our nephew, who was just older than Jared, Ben.
We did a lot of fun and interesting things while we were there and found some things we could help with around the house. Ryan got to help chop down a dead part of a tree out in the front yard. I'm still not sure if that was work or play for him. :)
I wasn't used to seeing so many animals around, except for the times I'd been to the Clio house before. They have chickens, goats, emus, sheep, etc. I think Jared had as much fun as me going around to see them every now and again. He loved to make those poor geese run away from him every now and again.

Jared loved having so much space to run around and play in, and having a jungle gym right there in the front yard. I think he found his second home. :)
We made a trip over to get some bees one day and went to Lake Huron before heading back home. That was beautiful and a lot of fun. It was the first time Jared and I had been to one of the great lakes.
We got to see some old friends again while we were there. The Seavers and the Edmunds and a few others who stopped by or we were able to see at church.
Katie and Elena had a field day at their elementary school one of the days, and Chris and Alisha where helping with one of the activities, so we all went and had a great time! They did things like tug-a-war, obstacle courses, and dodgeball.
 There was a little bit of free time that the kids got to just play on the jungle gym. Jared loved having so many kids around and getting to see the different ways they'd play on the jungle gym.
 Jared didn't know how to do most the activities, but he found his own ways to have fun.
 Ryan watched over the younger kids and did most of the games with them. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun with uncle Ryan being a kid again. :)
I got to make my special Tuna Pot Pie recipe for everyone while we were there. Some of the kids enjoyed, and some not so much, but it was still fun to make it for them. ;)

No comments: