December 5, 2013
Baby Karl Paul Anderson
Born December 5, 2013
Thursday, 8:18am
7lb 14oz
19.5'' long
What a day! Karl just couldn't wait to be here with us, so he came two weeks early, and we are so glad he did. He's been such a sweet baby!
Labor went rather easy; it was much easier than Jared's went anyway. I was determined this time to stay home as long as I could before heading to the hospital, but the unexpected happened: my water broke. So I had to go in. But, that wasn't too bad, because this time they gave me an epidural much sooner than I was expecting and then told me to go back to sleep. Ryan and I had arrived and the hospital around 1:30am and for being early morning in December it was really nice out.
After resting for a few hours and letting the contractions get stronger they started to slow down, so the nurse gave me pitocin, then my water broke again, this time it was a burst and Karl was soon born. He was so little and cute and he looked just like Jared, so they are equally the cutest babies I've ever seen!!
We were so excited to finally see him for the first time after waiting soo long. He was a very healthy baby, and I got to hold him for a while 'til Ryan and a nurse took him for a bath.
That evening Ryan headed back home to get Jared from our neighbors and they came to see Karl and I. Jared was very curious about the baby and excited to be able to hold him and see Daddy hold him, but he definitely didn't understand yet that we'd be taking him home.
One of the times Jared was there he and I went for a walk around our floor of the hospital. He especially like to look through the nursery window. I was very glad to have a couple days to just sleep and spend time with Karl before heading home. But, once that time came I was very ready to be able to go home with Karl. Ryan buckled him in his car seat for the first time and Jared got to ride on my lap in the wheel chair down to the front lobby.
We are so glad to have our sweet little Karl home to love him and care for him. He's already brought us so much joy; he makes us smile all the time. :)
.jpg)
1 comment:
What a sweet little boy!
Post a Comment