December 24-25, 2013
So, this was my and Jared's first Christmas with no snow in sight, but rather palm trees wrapped in Christmas lights. It was a little strange and I was definitely missing the snow. This also was, of course, Karl's first Christmas, so it was extra special for us to have him here.
| Ryan and Jared cuddling with Karl. |
Some how and for some reason I made time to make some plates of cookies and get them out to our neighbors and some ward friends, and one big plate for Ryan to take to work. I was still getting used to taking care of two boys, and not getting a lot of sleep, so I'm not sure how that happened, but I'm glad we were able to do it. =)
On Christmas Eve, we had a relaxing day and in the evening we went to a park near by. Karl slept the entire time, in the stroller, and stayed nice and warm. Ryan and Jared had a lot of fun on the swings and monkey bars.
| Jared playing with his nativity by the tree. |
Christmas morning I wanted to sleep in while Karl was sleeping, but Ryan was really anxious for us all to get up and open presents. We made a compromise that once Jared woke up then we could open presents. So Ryan laid in bed and said "Jared...Jared" just loud enough that in our quiet house Jared heard and came waking into our bedroom dragging his blanket.
| Sleeping Karl with a few of his Christmas presents. |
We soon were in the living room opening presents. Ryan passed them out and we took turns opening them. We feel very spoiled to have such giving family and friends who made it such a special Christmas for us. We are especially grateful for the gift of all gifts that the Savior gave and that we have this day to celebrate the hope and light his birth brought to the world.
| Jared playing with some of his new toys. |
No comments:
Post a Comment