Saturday, August 23, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!!

May 11, 2014

Ryan made Mother's Day this year really special for me. He took Jared out to do some shopping the day before. When they got home they decided they wanted to give me my gifts right then. :) So, they gave me the new Taylor Swift CD: Red, a movie, and a Nerf squirt gun. Jared picked out the squirt gun. I guess they wanted me to not be unarmed any more when they shot me with their squirt guns they got for Easter.
On Mother's Day, Ryan made an amazing dinner, so I wouldn't have to cook, but I could still have a yummy homemade dinner. He marinated some sirloin steak over night and then cooked them on the skillet. He also came up with his recipe for slicing, seasoning, and baking some potatoes. Then, for another side, he rolled some crescent rolls and baked them.
For dessert, he made some strawberry-orange jello and topped it with banana pudding. He'd also bought some blueberry and orange-cream yogurt pretzels and strawberry lemonade, which he knows I love.
Jared testing out my new squirt gun.
Ryan serving dinner.
I'm not sure what Ryan put in that marinade, but the steak was SO good! It was amazing! Everything else was really good too. It was such a nice treat to have such a good dinner in my own home and I didn't have to make it. Ryan and my two sweet boys definitely made this a special day for me. :-)
My yummy Mother's Day dinner.

No comments: