Saturday, August 9, 2014

Ryan's 27th Birthday!!!

March 31, 2014 Monday

We had a fun birthday with Ryan. It was on a Monday, so we kept his birthday simple and made plans to have more fun on the weekend. I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and there wasn't anything in  particular he had in mind, so I just came up with something.
 That morning, while out doing other errands, I made a trip to the grocery store to grab some things for making Ryan's cake. While I was there I looked at the cakes in the bakery to see if I could get any good inspiration. There were some nice cakes, but what else I found was a tub of frosting, maybe 30oz, that was leftover from the bakery. It didn't have a price tag on it, but I thought it'd be fun to try. It turned out to be a pretty good buy. When I got home I checked the receipt and found that I'd only paid 10 cents for it and that it was whipped frosting, the best kind!!
That saved me some trouble and I was able to just mix colors and decorate. Ryan's favorite cake is confetti, so I baked three layers of that and then basically made it really colorful. I'm not much into cake decorating, but this was actually pretty fun.  
Jared was my little companion and loved to see what colors I was making and how some of the colors tasted. :-) 
Ryan loves glazed doughnuts, so as a special treat, and for my cake decorating plans, I'd bought him a box. So, when the cake was done, it looked kind of crazy and colorful, and I wasn't sure what Ryan would think of it, but when he got home he really liked it. He actually put his bags down and went straight to the kitchen and looked around for it, when he didn't see it he looked in the oven and then soon in the fridge, where he found it.
After dinner, we lit all those tons of candles and Jared helped Daddy blow them out and then we had some yummy cake and ice cream. Jared gave him our gift, which was a bag of peanut butter m&m's and a card with a coupon so we could take him shopping at Harbor Freight during the weekend so he could help us pick something out for him. We ended up getting him lit magnifying glass set (for soldering, etc.), along with a tire rim clock for him for the garage.
Happy Birthday, Ryan!! We're glad we could celebrate it with you!!
Love, Luisa, Jared, & Karl

No comments: