June 2014
This fun boy always keeps me going, day in and day out. He's always so full of energy and imagination. Whenever he learns something new, even something small, he has a lot of fun with it.
A little while ago he paid attention to how Daddy would put his pen behind his ear while doing the crossword puzzle or writing notes. So, he decided that he wanted to do it while he was coloring. He really got into it and started putting them behind both ears and would get upset and try again when one fell out.
We stopped at Goodwill to see what kind of kids clothes they had one morning and Jared managed to find a few fun things to entertain himself while we were there. He was so cute!! He found this tricycle thing that had a flat tire, but he still took with him all through the store.
This is Jared's "Baby Bear." When he plays with it he's very attentive to it and it's usually in bed with him at night. It's one of my Beanie Babies from when I was a little girl. That's probably the closest thing he'll ever have to baby doll, so I'm glad he's had some fun with it, taking care of it.
This has also been one of his favorite ways to play. He has this Lightning McQueen basket that he likes to drive his Mickey and his monkey around in. This is often in bed with him too.
Jared loves popsicles. During the early summer it's still not too hot to go sit out on the back porch and eat a popsicle. During that time of year it's one of our favorite things to do once the morning chores are done.
Jared really got into painting. This is him working on his very first one. I helped him start by talking to him about how to wash his paint brush between colors. He did a really good job there for a little while and was very careful with picking colors and washing his brush, but soon he forgot about washing and just had a good time painting and mixing colors. Most his pictures are different colored fish, jellyfish, etc.
One day, when I had the cupboards open, putting away dishes, Jared starting looking up into one of the cupboards and dancing around and making faces. I was very confused for a minute trying to figure out what he could be staring at while being so silly. I asked him what he was doing and he just pointed and said "Jared! Me!" I guess he had noticed his reflection in my metal bowl and decided he'd watch himself dance. He loves dancing! This little guy is so much fun and I'm so glad I'm blessed to be able to spend all day with him seeing his creativity and growth first hand.


No comments:
Post a Comment