Friday, September 26, 2014

S'more Mud Pie

August 2, Saturday

When I was growing up, my mom would often make this dessert called Mud Pie Bars. We always loved it, so did our extended family and our ward family whenever my mom would make it for them.
classic crust, partially baked, w/ a layer of chopped walnuts
 So, when I got married, I made sure to take that recipe with me and whenever I made it for other people the pan was always cleared, sometimes before Ryan or I could get through the line to get some.
layer of semi-sweet chocolate chips
 So, Ryan suggested I try making it, but as a pie, since I like making pies so much. So I did, and it turned as a really good pie. I made it almost exactly the same, but just put it in my favorite pie crust recipe instead of the cookie bottom it normally has.
topped with a brown sugar-marshmallow meringue 
baked at 350°F for 30 minutes
 We really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recipe, Mom!!
Enjoy!!

No comments: