November - December 2014
This is a picture of Karl bending over to
look in the mirror on the side of his snail toy, or is that just a picture a
cute baby looking back at him. Either way, he likes it. This little guy wants
to get into and explore everything, including Daddy’s teeth. With only four of
his own, those are one thing he wants to touch and look at whenever he can.
Daddy’s always wrestling with the boys, so
they know they can take their chance to climb all over him when he’s vulnerable
sitting on the banana chair. Sometimes they get to gang up on him.
These boys love to eat oatmeal for
breakfast, but they have an odd desire to play with it whenever they can too. I
caught Jared one time walking around with an oatmeal box on his head. He couldn’t
see anything and kept walking slow and then running into things. I asked him
what he was doing and he said he was Iron Man, so I took his box off his head and
cut eye holes in it. He loved it; he still has it too.
I was doing a little research on how to
better help Jared learn to count. I got the inspiration to have him practice with
things he was interested in and then he’ll learn how to apply it better and
that will lead to him learning how to count better… basically. So, I had him
practice counting with these M&M’s; he was definitely very interested,
interested enough to stay and try.
First he sorted them by color, or “matched”
as he calls it, then we counted. I think
some went missing when I left for a second to help Karl with something, but
other than that I think it helped him like counting better. He’s definitely improving,
but I’m just proud of him for his effort and that he enjoys learning. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment