Saturday, July 11, 2015

St. Patrick's Day

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day is low key but still fun, which makes it one of my favorite holidays. Every year, for our family tradition we do a hunt for the pot of gold. This year, since I just taught Jared about the rainbow, I made the clues in rainbow order, so he would have to remember the colors.


I told him his first clue was to find something red. Once he found the right red thing it had a red paper on it that led his to some thing orange with an orange paper-clue on it, and so on. Ryan was his helper, and Karl followed them around making a mess and getting into things where ever he went. So I think they all had a good time on their hunt.


I was very impressed with Jared's memory. I hadn't really reviewed the colors with him recently, it had been a few days. But he knew the order all the way until blue and purple, that's when he started making wrong guesses.

Ryan helped him finish and at the end of the rainbow there was a package of mint oreos!!! We don't get packaged cookies a whole lot, so the boys were completely captivated when I pulled back the wrapper and they saw all those cookies!! They really enjoyed their treat and I think they had a fun St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: