When coming to Holland, Kris told be about somethings I could expect about living in Michigan and somethings about the Holland area. A couple of the things she told me about were Vernors ginger-ale and Koegel hot-dogs. Also that there are some great blueberry and other farms that let you come pick for yourself; which I can't wait to try in the summer.
I'm not very familiar Vernors or ginger-ale for that matter, but apparently it's what people around here use for stomach aches, like how we used Sprite back home in Utah. So, one night when both Jared and Karl had been throwing up, we decided to give them a little Vernors. I'm not sure if it helped, because they still threw-up a bit more, but they did seem to enjoy getting to drink it, especially Karl. Ryan and I have found that making Vernors floats is our favorite way to have it.
While she was here, Kris treated us to some Koegels and they were pretty good. We've also tried Pizza Ranch and Culver's, which are new to us and they have had great food. We've had a great time living in Holland so far we're really looking forward to trying some more of the places around here, especially the Dutch inspired ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment