Monday, July 4, 2016
The boys love whenever I get out the paint or glue, so they had a good, messy time.
On the 4th of July we were very pleased to have some visitors for the day. The Edmunds, who Ryan knew very well growing up, came to spend some time at the beach with us. When we first got there it was overcast, so we didn't worry too much about sunscreen.
The Edmunds brought some beach toys and games that we tried out and the kids had a great time building sandcastles. One of us would get in the water every now and again to try it out, but it was pretty cold. Amy, Anna, Mike, and Ryan all took turns to swim out to the bouy. I think they were a little numb when they got back.
I wore my swimsuit this time in the hopes of getting a chance to swim, but I found that a wiggly, curious baby and the sandy beach were not a good mix. So, I was on baby duty most the time, and Ryan for part of it when he worked his magic and made her fall asleep.
After a few hours the sun did come out and we enjoyed it for an hour or so more. We ended up being at the beach for about five hours before heading out to get rinsed and go home. With all the clouds, little did we know how very sunburned we all got, especially Ryan.
Back at our house, we had dinner with the Edmunds and got to visit for a while longer before they had to head back home.
During the following week, Ryan had a brutal time trying to go to work and overcome his sunburn. It was at first very sensitive, tender, and painful, then very itchy but still sensitive. His boss told him, one day, that he should go home and put some aftersun lotion on. Ryan bought a bunch of it and after we put it all over his front and back he took a nap and was able to find some relief. He ended up really liking the lotion and wore it constantly for a couple days 'til he was feeling better. The next stage was all the skin pealing. Ryan seemed to enjoy this a little bit, getting really big pieces of skin off. (I did take pictures, but... they're gross.) A couple weeks later, Ryan was feeling like himself again, and we were all healed up of our lesser sunburns as well. I think we all learned our lesson of the importance of sunscreen. ;D



No comments:
Post a Comment