Friday, October 27, 2017

Getting Ready for Baby

8M
 During those last couple weeks before Elliot came, our patience was starting to thin. We were just so excited for him to come, and it was hard knowing he could come at any day. The best way to deal with the anxiousness, was to keep busy. Ryan and I both seemed to have plenty to work on.














My main project was making sure Elliot's room was all ready and fixing up Emmaline's little bed to make it more girly for her. Cross-stitching her butterfly pillowcase was a great project for making me sit and relax a little each day. For the final touch, I stitched her name on it. When I showed it to Emmaline; she said, "Wow!" while running her fingers of the butterflies.



I also bought some butterfly clothe to make her covers for her head and base boards of her bed. So, instead of a Lightening McQueen bed, she had herself a butterfly bed. There was a little extra clothe, so I edged it and gave it to her as a little cuddle blanket.

Emmaline's new butterfly bed!










Just before Jared's birthday, we went to the Holland Hospital as a family to have a tour of the Boven Birthing Center. It was really family oriented, so when they took us to one of the delivery rooms they had a baby doll wrapped in one of the bassinets to show the kids. Then they gave the kids hospital bands and big brother/sister t-shirts, and let them pick out a knitted baby beanie for them to take home and put on their stuffed animals or dolls.
The kids had a fun time and loved their shirts. We took them to a near by park to play for a bit before going home.

39 Weeks


Those last few days before Elliot came I was trying to make everyday count, getting a few more things done and trying to get over my cold and help my family do the same. I was very grateful to have the strength and energy I had to keep busy, though I did find myself needing to crash and take a nap almost everyday. ;-)

No comments: