Friday, October 6, 2017

Jared the Kindergartner

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

 

Jared was really excited for his first day of kindergarten! He helped pack his lunch the night before and Daddy went into work late that morning so he could walk Jared to the bus. Before going to his bus stop spot, I took a bunch of pictures of him.

Speedrunners!!



  He was so cute and excited! After giving me a hug and stepping down from the porch, he turned back and told me not to miss him or cry.  ....I guess I forgot.
 

Ryan walked Jared a couple houses down and waited for the bus with Jared. When the bus came, Ryan reminded him about not crossing the street until the stop signs were up and the bus driver showed him the green smiley face sign.
 Then Ryan let Jared cross by himself. But after Jared crossed half-way in front of the bus, he looked back at Ryan and kind of shrugged his shoulders. So Ryan crossed and walked around the bus with him, and watched him get on. Jared got on and found that there was a seat near the front with his name already labeled on it.
 After he and Ryan left, and I was alone, I of course cried and missed Jared all day. It was so strange not to have him there with us all day any more. When Karl woke up, he also cried, and said "I was going to tell him something." :( Poor kid!







Later, when Jared was dropped off by the bus, he sounded like he really enjoyed getting to be at school. But, he didn't like the bus ride home. It was a lot longer than he thought it would be. Since the bus driver goes on a loop, he's the last one to be picked up before school, but the last one to be dropped off after school. So I guess he kept trying to stand up to look out the window for our house, and the bus driver had to keep reminding him to sit down.
First day of Kindergarten hat.
I made the mistake of telling him that I missed him and cried, and he was very disappointed with me, seeing as he had specifically told me not to. I promised I would not cry the next day, which I didn't, but I couldn't promise that I wouldn't miss him at least.
It was the third or second day of school that he started saying he didn't want to go to school anymore. Luckily it was easy to persuade him to pick out one of his cool shirts and then he was happy to go. Since then, he's done great getting into a routine and he enjoys school most days.
He's also learned to use his alarm clock now. The first couple days we tried it out, you'd thought he was dead. The alarm would beep and beep and he wouldn't move a muscle. The first time I kept nudging him and he wouldn't wake up. I finally jerked on his blanket and that woke him up enough that he slowly registered and then hopped out of bed to turn off his alarm. By then I had sneaked back to my room. Jared came right in and proudly told us "my alarm clock woke me up!" The next morning, Ryan had the fun of "helping" Jared wake up to his alarm clock. By now he's in a good enough of a routine that he wakes up to it himself most days.
 

This is some of the many pages he's started bringing home. They're all so fun and cute I knew I'd want to keep them all, but couldn't. So when Jared gets home, Ryan asks him about his different pages and drawings. I write it down and date them. Then, I scan them so we can always have a digital copy of everything, even if we throw most of it away.
 

 Jared is and always has been, ever since he was a one-year-old, big into drawing, so we find with a lot of his work pages that once he's finished it he'll turn it over and draw a picture on the back. Most of his pictures are pretty funny and creative.







 We'll also find that he'll draw different guys and things into the front of his work pages too.
 We're so proud of our little kindergartner, and so happy for him starting this new phase of his life!

No comments: