Jared was introduced to his Animal Blanket for the first time last week. Ryan put a lot of work into it (I helped with a few things) and we're excited to give it to Jared. But, we've decided it would be best to wait; wait until Jared's potty-trained and knows how to play with it without ruining it. We've been wanting to make it a wall hanging in Jared's room, until he's
ready for it, but we haven't found a good way to do that yet. So, it's been in safe keeping underneath Jared's crib, but we pulled it
out last week so that we could get some good pictures of it for this
contest Ryan's applying for. (We did have some nice pictures of it, but
we lost them when our computer blanked-out.)
It's for beginner quilters and the reward is to have your expenses paid to go some quilting work shops in St. George. Ryan has written a letter and we just need to send it in with the pictures of Jared's Animal Blanket and the T-shirt blanket Ryan made when he and I were dating (now it's our comforter). We've also made a really nice blanket for my parents, which they use on their bed now, but we're not sending in pictures of that because we don't have pictures of it. Also, since the competition is for beginner quilters, entrants are only supposed to have started 2 large quilts or 3 wall hangings, and since the animal quilt is more of a wall hanging and my parents' blanket is a bit more complicated to take pictures of, we are submitting the two we do have pictures of as his two large quilts.
| He's trying to crawl in this picture. |
Well, I let Jared play with his Animal Blanket for the day before I put it back underneath the crib. He seemed to really like it. He didn't really need any toys at all. It was a comfy place for him to lay and to play. I tried to move him around every now and again so he would notice all the animals, but he just kept going back to the hippo and the monkey; those were his favorites.
2 comments:
Good luck Ryan!
That is AMAZING! If I was a judge, he would have my vote.
Post a Comment