Monday, May 14, 2012

Early Mother's Day Cake

If you haven't heard, Ryan and I like to celebrate holidays and events a little early. So, on May 2 I opened my mother's day presents. I got some cake decorating tips, pastry bags, confectionery comb, lettering cake frosting stamps, the Wilson 2012 yearbook, and some beautiful flowers. =)  Also, Ryan gave me a very sweet card, which I opened yesterday.


But, on May 2, after I opened my presents, we made a cake. I made a pound cake and then Ryan made some frosting.





I colored the frosting and helped Ryan put it in the bags. He did all the designing and decorating and made it look fancy. =)



It turned out really nice, and tasted pretty good too.
Yesterday, for Mother's Day, besides giving me a card, Ryan brought me breakfast in bed and we spent some time together as a family. It was a good day and it's been an amazing experience being a mother. =)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

It was really yummy cake! Thanks for sharing!