Saturday, November 17, 2012
For Thanksgiving break we flew from Salt Lake City to Detroit, then from Detroit to Evansville so we could spend some time with our relatives, the Andersons and the Wells, in Indiana and Michigan.
This was Jared's first time flying and we were curious to see how he'd do confined for such a long flight with another flight soon after. The flight from SLC to Detroit was about three hours, if I remember right, and Jared did pretty well. Ryan had a better experience than I did, I think. Jared played on my lap for about a half an hour, which can pretty tiring, and I fed him his sandwich. Then, he went to Ryan, who helped him fall asleep. They both then slept for about an hour or so. Jared woke up before the flight was over, but was calmer after just having a nap.
We waited at the terminal in Detroit for a few hours and had dinner. Jared was able to run around a bit and stretch his legs. His favorite place to be was at the fountain, playing with the water. After he had his fun and had gotten his cloths all wet, I changed him into his pajamas. Jared got hungry again before our flight to Evansville, so he ate the other half of his sandwich. Our flight to Evansville was a quick one-hour flight on a small plane. Jared sat pretty still while playing in each of our laps during that flight, so it was much more relaxing. We were also provided with more food and drink during this flight, which was nice. I think the day was something of an exciting experience for Jared, but just every once in a while is probably enough. He made friends easily, as babies do, while we were on each of the two flights and at each of the three terminals. We were definitely glad to have our little Goober with us for this trip. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment