Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!!!

...and my 22nd Birthday!!! :)


Sorry, we're very late on our posting. But, we hope everyone had a fun Valentine's Day! It's a great day to remember your loved ones whether or not you have a significant other. We had fun celebrating Valentines Day along with my 22nd birthday. I started the morning off with fishing a little goose out of the bathroom sink. Jared had climbed up to the counter, pushed up a bunch of stuff into the sink and then got in and sat on it like a little goose in a nest. It was kind of funny, but we're teaching him not to climb on things so much.
I gave Ryan and Jared their Valentine's Day presents early in the morning. I gave Jared a Reese's Pieces heart-wand, which he loved! I gave Ryan the same thing, along with a card and flowers (a puzzle of flowers). Ryan surprised me when we got in the car to take him to school. At my feet were a couple of the reusable grocery bags with something in them. I asked Ryan what was in them and he told me I should open them. He gave me a cookbook with 25 years with of name brand recipes. He new just to get me to make my day! It was a pretty sweet cookbook. Later in the day he gave me a box of chocolates as my Valentine's present. Yum!
Once I was home with Jared, I spent the day doing some of my favorite things to do, bake, read, and of course, play with Jared. =)
I decided to have some fun with this Pie Bites Press that  we got for Christmas (Thank Eric, Becky, Thomas, and Sup). I made some dough and used a can of raspberry pie filling. It was fun. The press is for making pie-pops, but I just made tarts. It was pretty nifty, and they turned out so good.
Ryan had a really busy day, so we weren't able to do a whole lot to celebrate 'til the weekend, but I did get to bring him home around lunch time so we could have a missionary lesson with the missionaries and an investigator neighbor of ours. That was a neat experience! I also got to share my tarts with everyone.

In the evening, when I went to pick up Ryan, we decided to have dinner at the food court on campus. We don't eat out a whole lot, so that was a nice treat. While we were there we opened the cards I'd gotten in the mail. That was a nice surprise to get those in the mail that day. One was a really cute card from Ricky, who's on his mission right now.

When we got home, one of our neighbors arrived and gave me a birthday cake and card. That was a really nice surprise, since Ryan hadn't had time to make me a cake this year. So, Ryan sang "Happy Birthday" in Portuguese and English and I got to blow out my candles and open presents. It was a fun day! Thanks everyone who helped make it special, (especially Ryan and Jared)!


1 comment:

Jessie said...

Looks like it was a great day :)