December 2013 - March 2013
| One week old |
From the start Karl has been a very content, easy going baby. He just loves to be fed, held, and hear and watch people around him. During that first month he'd have me up three or four times in the night for about an hour each time, but he made up for by sleeping in and also taking a nice long nap at about the same time everyday that Jared took his nap.
This is just a short video of Karl at about four weeks old cuddling with Daddy.
| Six weeks old |
This is a picture of Daddy playing with Karl. Of course the doctors like to remind me that "your baby will start smiling when their about two months old, smile before then is just because of gas" etc, and they may be right, but I felt with Jared and now again with Karl that he's just a happy boy and is sometimes smiling because he's happy. During those first two months sometimes I'd be holding him and talking to him and he'd smile. I like to think he knows he's loved. =) And we're finding that Karl has a ticklish neck!
| Seven weeks old |
When Jared was a baby he often cried when he was getting his cloths or his diapers changed, and that's been my experience with other babies, so I was pleasantly surprised by Karl the way he would smile whenever I changed him. You'd almost think he was being tickled the way he'd light up sometimes when I'm taking on or off his onesie. It's very cute.
| Eight weeks old |
We've loved how Karl's been growing and turned into such a cute little chunk! At Karl's two month check up he was 13 lbs 11 oz and 23'' long.
This is a video of two and a half month old Karl with his smiles and wiggles. Jared and I get very distracting during the day wanting to stop and play with Karl. =)
| Twelve weeks old |
When Karl was 15 weeks old (three and a half months) is when I heard him really laugh out loud for the first time. I was holding him in the living room and he was looking down at Jared watching him play and jump around. I guess he thought it was pretty entertaining and started laughing. It was one of the sweetest sounds I've ever heard.
| Four months old |
This is Jared's dinosaur baby. Jared loves this jacket on Karl. =)
1 comment:
He's growing so fast! Love the cute smiles :-)
Post a Comment