Friday, October 24, 2014

Daikin Fun Day

September 13, Saturday

Last month, Ryan’s company held their Family Fun Day. The weather was pretty nice and there were a lot of games and bounce houses, so we had a good time.
They had a few competitions going on. Ryan participated in the kickball tournament and I participated in the pie baking contest. I feel like contests/prizes aren’t the best way to build friendship and unity with employees, but that’s what Goodman/Daikin seems to like to do, so Ryan and I participate and try and make the best of it.
Jared had a great time jumping and playing and getting his energy out. He was happy to see Brenda and Kerry there.
Brenda came with us to watch him play for part of the time. Brenda also entered the baking contest, with her chocolate cake. It was really good! Since there were few participants for each category the judges combined it into just one baking contest. Neither Brenda nor I won, but I was glad I participated so I can still call myself a pie baker. ;-)
Near the end, Ryan and Jared played golf chipping. I tried it; it’s really hard, so I was so impressed with Ryan when he got one in. It was awesome! Jared was so cute. Whenever it was his turn he would just hit the ball ‘til it was off the green circle then he’d be done. Sometimes it would take a few tries, but he was very proud of himself when he got it off.
Ryan’s team didn’t end up winning at kickball, but Kerry, the only one of us who wasn’t trying to win anything, won a gift card for playing one of the smaller games and doing the best. But, he was very nice and gave it to us. J
It ended up being a great day just being able to spend time together as a family!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Kerry won the golf chipping when he and I tried it out near the start of the event.