August 12, Tuesday
While the back to school sales were going on a little while ago, I decided to get Jared his own marker board to practice writing and drawing on. It has really come in handy to help him improve those fine motor skills.
One evening we sat down and practiced the first few letters of the alphabet. This is his first A that he drew all by himself. This next picture is a C that I had him trace over my dashed lines. He wanted to make sure and draw over every single dash, so his C got a little jagged looking, but I was still happy with how hard he was trying to do a good job. :)
Jared has really gotten into painting and drawing, so I was really excited for him when my visiting teaching companion gave us this art easel that her son had grown out of. When I got it home, I set it up for him in this nook we have in the back corner of our living room. I took a page out of my giant sketch pad and it fit perfectly.
I decided to write his alphabet at the top of his page so he could at least look at them while he draws and maybe practice writing. Well, I was very impressed and surprised when he started randomly pointing at certain letters and telling me what they were. I would tell him "good job, what else?" and he was able to tell me almost all of them, but there were a couple he mixed up or forgot. But, I thought it was pretty impressive all the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment