Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday, Jared!!!

September 16, Tuesday

On the morning of Jared’s birthday, I asked him what he wanted for breakfast with the intent on making whatever it was he asked for. He asked for pancakes, bacon, toast, and eggs with strawberry milk. So, that’s I made for him. It was a good breakfast; he even wanted to help me make. It was a fun way to start the day, cooking in the kitchen together. J 
We spent the day doing the things together that Jared wanted to do: playing with “guys” (action figures), cars, and guns, and reading books. 
For his birthday cake, I made a baseball themed cake, with the plan that we would take him to a baseball game later in the week. Cakes are not my forte, but I did my best, and I think he liked it.
Jared, Karl, and I had recently finished reading “Charlotte’s Web,” which he loved. He’s even named one of his pig toys Wilber, and almost all spiders are Charlotte spiders. So, for his birthday banner Charlotte made him a web that said, “SOME BOY,” like Wilber’s first web: SOME PIG. He really liked it, so we kept it in his bedroom after his birthday. 
 When Ryan got home, Jared got to have his dinner and opened presents. For his birthday he got clothes, books, an ambulance, a Hulk Smasher car, Avengers’ pencils, a giant drawing pad, and some small toys that we’d picked out for him. He loved his ambulance and Hulk Smasher and played with them the rest of the night.
 We then sang Happy Birthday and let him blow out his candles, and we had cake. I think Jared ate the most cake. J
I think he had a great day! We love our little Jared so much, and we’re so proud of the three-year-old he’s grown into!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

They grow up so fast! The cake looks great! Awesome job on it!