Saturday, August 8, 2015

Stain-glass Art

Friday, July 10, 2015

In this July's Friend, there was an article about being a stain-glass artist for the temples (which sounds like the coolest art career ever!). After the article was a page about doing stain-glass painting with poster board. I thought that sounded like fun, and like some thing Jared would have fun doing. So, I got out some poster board and cut it in half, and our ceramic paints.
I let Jared pick where he wanted to put his tape, and then just touched it up after he was done to make sure the tape was going all the way to the edge. He was really into making X's for his. For Karl's, I gave him small pieces of tape and let him put them where ever he wanted while I did the larger pieces.
After taping, Jared told us which colors to do first and we painted one color at a time. Jared did his all himself, but Karl would come and go to help with his, so I helped a lot with his. At the end we put their hand and feet prints on to give that special little touch. Karl loved that part and was very cooperative. After they dried I peeled off the tape and hung them up for them.


I think they turned out pretty nice. There was also some paint left over on the plate, so I asked them if they wanted some face painting. Jared wanted to be Iron Man and suggested that Karl be the Hulk. So that's what we did. They looked pretty cute... I mean fierce!

No comments: