Wednesday, August 5, 2015

We Miss Daddy!!

June 27 - July 4, 2015


With Daddy/Ryan being gone for a whole week, the boys and I had to come up with some fun distractions to pass one of the longest amounts of time we've ever had him gone. He was at High Adventure for Boy Scouts, which actually took nine days.
While he was gone, we took different friends up on their offers when they invited us to come play and found some fun things to do at home for the rest of the time. Some thing I decided to treat ourselves to, for not having Ryan for a whole week, was Avenger sandals for the boys and a bunch of dishpans for me. I actually intended on just getting a new pair of sandals for Jared, because his old ones were too small, but when we were looking I found these two pairs that each fit the boys great, and we're way into Avengers at our house!
Ricky's birthday oreo cream pie!
For me the dishpans were something special because they meant I got to through and reorganize my kitchen cupboards. We have tons of cupboard space, but I was starting to feel like everything was in a random place that didn't really make sense. Karl was my little companion during the process, so he got to sit and have an m&m snack with me.
My kitchen has a well organized pantry now, which feels great and we're one step farther in having a organized food storage system, which is something we're really trying to work on lately.
With games and projects, our week went by rather smoothly and quickly and Ryan was soon back. Whenever someone asked me if the boys were missing their Daddy, I told them the truth, "no they're not, but they'll be very excited when he gets home." At this age, they're more concerned about what's going on in the moment, so they were a little too distracted to know Daddy was missing. But, when he came home their reaction was everything I thought it would be. Karl literally screamed. Jared for once ran to Ryan, which was kind of big deal (normally he runs and hides when Ryan gets home, for the fun of being found). All at once they realized they hadn't seen him in a while and that they missed him. 
Karl, that night, and the next few nights would climb up on Daddy for safety when he saw the signs that I was about to take him to bed. It was pretty clever of him too, because then Daddy would want to keep him. Yup, these boys are glad to have their Daddy home, so am I!

No comments: