Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Spooky Crafts

October 2015

Last month, the boys and I tried to do a few crafts to get ready for Halloween. Two that the boys really enjoyed were these plate ghosts and pecan spiders.
 For the ghosts I drew some faces on sheets of construction paper and let the boys color them. Then they each picked two faces for their ghosts. Jared chose to draw his own ghost for one of his. It was a pretty cute little ghost.
I then also traced their hands for the ghosts' hands and let them each pick out some tissue paper for the body. I did the stapling and gluing and then they were ready for hanging. I asked Jared what room he wanted the ghosts to haunt and he picked his room.
 I think Karl got the impression that his was a pinata. ;) He kept wanting to wack it down.
 For the pecan spiders, we took a little bucket and went out into the front yard to collect some pecans. Jared was very helpful for that part. After we got about 16 we went inside and I let the boys paint them black. They had a lot of fun with that part.
 Then I painted faces and glued legs on them. The idea was to decorate with them and make spider webs for them to sit on. But the boys were having too much fun playing with them, so they stayed just as toys.
They've been having a great time with them playing different pretend games. :)

No comments: