We ended up having two Christmases, this past Christmas, but no tree. We had one of our Christmases when Mark and Kris were visiting, with a dinner and opening the presents that they had for us. Then, on Christmas day, we opened our stockings from Santa and a couple things from our local friends and neighbors.
So, from Santa, Emmaline got a Minnie Mouse and the boys got transformer toys. Just like Karl did two years ago, Emmaline slept through most of Christmas. :-)
The boys really liked these new pajamas our next door neighbors, Aurora and Linda, gave them. Karl's had polar bears on his feet and Jared's had reindeer.
Ryan gave us all our booties for an early Christmas present, especially since he had to make them while he was home with us. I made us all something for Christmas too, but this was a complete surprise for Ryan since I was able to make them while he was gone at work.
I haven't done a whole lot of crocheting, but I got this pattern for making Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle masks thinking I could figure it out. I ended up needing to do two skype sessions with my sister, Jacque, who does a lot of crocheting. But, after that I got it down pretty well and by the sixth mask I was pretty good at the pattern and was able to adapt it for a braid and a bow. The boys and Ryan really liked their masks and we even got Emmaline to try hers on. Sometimes still the boys will bring my my mask too and we'll pull out our ninja moves. ;-)


No comments:
Post a Comment