Friday, February 12, 2016

Karl's 2nd Birthday!!

Saturday, December 5, 2015

This is our Karl boy on the morning of his second birthday, and I'm thinking he's looking a little too big for that crib.
On his birthday I was still recovering from having a baby and busy taking care of her, and we also had plans to get to the kids their pictures done with Santa; not to mention Mark and Ryan were still working on some plumbing that needed to be done.
So things were kept pretty simple. We had made him a banner the night before, and I say we because Mark, Kris, and Ryan all helped on it. The original plan was to go to NASA on Karl's birthday, but with the baby and plumbing, we decided to not go. But, we still had an outer-space themed birthday for Karl. I made banana rockets and a cake with chocolate truffles as planets. Kris helped with dinner and made chicken and rice, one of Karl's favorite meals. 
We headed out before dinner, though, and took the boys and Emmaline to the church where they were having the ward Christmas party. We only stayed long enough to get our pictures done though. Karl was pretty shy of Santa and wouldn't sit over by him by himself. So I sat with him and even then he didn't want to show his face for the first couple pictures. Jared on the other hand, was very happy to see Santa this year and told him what he wanted.
Karl enjoying the leftovers of the chocolate truffles. :)
Then we went home and had dinner, and cake and ice cream. Karl had now trouble blowing out his candles, or eating all his cake. He's been such a silly boy with the best hugs and the best sense of humor. We love him so much!!  It was a fun day and I'm glad Emmaline got to come a week early to celebrate it with us. :-)

 SANTA PHOTOS:



No comments: