Thursday, August 10, 2017

Ryan's Bike

Ryan and I have been talking about how biking could possibly be a really good form of exercise for him. He doesn't like running at all, which is how I exercise, so this seemed like a good alternative. Ryan liked this idea, so after a while he looked into it and figuring out what kind of bike he'd want. He went over to a local bike store and bought a bike and helmet.
He came home and tried them out a bit, and then got the boys hooked up to give them a ride. Ryan's parents had given him this bike trailer that they had had. The boys loved it! This has proved to be a very enjoyable way for Ryan to exercise so far, and the boys getting to go for rides is a good motivator for him to try and do it often.
For one trip, he took the boys down the road to Meijer, where the stopped and got a slushy before coming home. I think that one's going to become a new tradition for them. I felt bad for Emmaline, who cries or just gets fussy when she sees them go without her. She likes to try and climb in too when the boys are getting in the trailer; but she's not quite old enough. So, during that trip to Meijer, I put her in the stroller and gave her a walk around the block. That seems to make her happy, and gives me some exercise that's more my speed right now.

No comments: